Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Mushroom and pepper pizzini from BBC Recipes


This recipe has a special meaning for me. It's great because it's fast and simple. Different from a regular pizza because there's no sauce, no mozzarella, no Parmesan and no yeast or sugar in the dough. So the dough is thinner and you don't have to worry about waiting for your yeast to rise. I use honey instead of sugar in my regular pizza dough.


I don't happen to have a blow torch setting around the house so instead of the blow torch method they recommended I just baked the dough in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes added the fried vegetables and Cheddar and Colby cheese then popped it back in the oven to finish it off. I also used onions with the red peppers and mushrooms. I see allot of potential for other toppings here. Good recipe from the BBC. I give it a two thumbs up.

No comments:

Post a Comment